Assistant Officials Course - Mon 18 March
We're lucky to have some great Technical Officials at Livingston, but it's vital for the sport that we also recruit and develop new officials.
The club are holding a UKA Assistant Officials course at Craigswood Sports Centre on Monday 18 March.
If you've been helping the Technical Officials at club events, why not take the next step and become a qualified official?
This course offers an introduction to officiating at a Track & Field or Sportshall competition and covers the basics in all disciplines. You will learn the specific judging principles of throws, jumps, track judging, timekeeping and starting.
The course is designed to enable you to work within a team to develop key skills and a basic understanding of the fundamental rules of officiating.
This course includes both practical and theory element, including:
- The responsibilities and role of an assistant official
- How to measure and record times and distances
- Communicating with athletes and other officials
- Ensuring safety and reporting concerns
- Following procedures and applying basic rules
Venue: Craigswood Sports Centre, Livingston
Dates: Monday 18 March 2019
Time: 6.30 pm - 9.00 pm
Cost: £30 (paid by the club)
Booking: Please contact Alistair to book a place
UKA Assistant Official Requirements
- Attend UKA Assistant Officials course
- Officiate at 3 competitions (this can be backdated to competitions you have attended recently)
- Complete a PVG application form (via the club's welfare officer)
Last at year at club competitions, over 50 parents helped the Technical Officials during the season, but it would be great if a few more of those helpers were qualified.
A minimum number of qualified officials are needed at competitions to meet the requirements of the UKA rules and our scottishathletics event licenses, and ensure that the competition results will be accepted by Power of 10.
The club also get extra points at league matches for supplying qualified officials. This can be the difference between promotion and relegation.
Contact Alistair to book your place or to find out more!
Posted on Friday 15 March 2019